Friday, June 24, 2011

Plan to be surprised.

That quote has been going through my head all week. It is too funny how you think times in your life will go and then BAM, it all changes. With one tiny phone call from my parents my plans for this winter changed. If you are starting to wonder what I am talking about, then perfect, that is what I am going for.

I have been working at my job here in Auckland for about three weeks now and am seriously amazed by people. I work at a place that gets call about people wanting their parking tickets to be waived. $20-$90 can be hefty fines in this crazy economy, especially when they live in Christchurch and are up to their eyeballs in fed up with things, such as never ending earthquakes. Anyway, people are not happy and I am reminded how important it is to treat other humans with respect and even delight...otherwise, it is a stupidly negative environment. Another blogger/author wrote about this today. He says, "be nice to the cleaners." Read it here. True. Anyone, that is cleaning anything should be highly regarded.

So to wind up this post I am beyond excited to announce that I will coming HOME. That's RIGHT! I am coming home for a little over a month. I thank my Dad for his constant flying and saving his points up so that this gal can jump on a plane back to her favorite place, home.

That means I am canceling our skype dates for real live, face to face dates (coffee dates, coke dates, and especially queso dates). I will be eating Mexican food ALL DAY. Elote, McNellies, Dallas, OKC. Tulsa get yourself ready!

I love when plans change like this...

Rea, you can think of this as a really cool birthday present...20 days late.

No comments: