Saturday, September 17, 2011

Snow pellets falling.

Good afternoon from a land far, far, away. There is not too much to update as of yet. We are in the middle of staff training and also the Rugby World Cup. I have read over my last update a few times and am amazed at how bad it was. I wrote it after 24 hours of airplane travel, so just tuck that update right into your e-mail trash. I suppose it got the point across of making it here safely. 

So, I am trading college football season for rugby this year. Although, it is not the same at all. The vibe is very different. I noticed while watching New Zealand's team play, in a room full of Kiwis, that the amount of yelling is a ton less. I tend to yell all the way through each great play and had to stop myself every time. When they do make a try (goal/touchdown) there are only a few louder claps. Maybe I wasn't in the right place. Two of my Kiwi friends get this update, maybe they can enlighten us.

Some good tunes I am enjoying as of recent: Ben Rector (Something Like This), Mumford and Sons (Sigh No More), Enter the Worship Circle (any album), and always Waterdeep (any album). One of my favorite memories of my life involved a hammock, a cup of coffee, and a record player. Music speaks things about life in a way nothing else can. Go find some great music and let it soothe your soul.

Here are a couple pictures from a few moments when snow pellets fell from the sky. It was so neat! The first picture was taken right before Jeremy (the fellow on the left and our brave base leader) got hit in the eye by one. The second is on the porch of my house.





3 comments:

Joanna Mackie said...

you were definitely in the wrong place... i know i was yelling and screaming and perhaps there was a cuss or two in there... haha.

Kieran said...

yup. completely the wrong place. Rugby usually involves a lot of noise.

Jordan said...

good to know...i was a bit worried.