Saturday, October 23, 2010

to keep you up to speed

It seems some don't understand why I am here in New Zealand. If this is the case, e-mail me! I love talking about the organization YWAM and what our focus is in volunteering our life away. Why are we laying our lives down to have an adventure with Jesus?
*Pause, I just felt another Earthquake. Yikes. Anyway...

It has been a fun week. Our lectures this past week have been focused on the Holy Spirit. A highly debated part of church life. It was really wonderful to get more of a grasp on how the Spirit of God moves and how we can hear Him.
On Friday, my team and I headed for the park to do what Kiwis call a sausage sizzle. It is similar to a bbq from back home, minus the yummy hot dogs. Kiwis don't know what a good hot dog is like, but a sizzle is a great way to meet people.
This morning, the pastor at the local baptist church we attend, talked on Jesus being the Author and Finisher of our Faith and because of this fact our hearts should not be troubled. We start to freak out when we take our circumstances into our own hands. Hopefully, when things get crazy, you and I can remember this. If this isn't clear or you have more questions, let me know.

No comments: